14 Jun Do you want to get rewarded for your insurance?
Did you know you could be rewarded by your insurer for making healthier choices? AIA has a fantastic health and lifestyle program called AIA Vitality aimed at keeping its members healthy and rewarding them for their efforts. And the rewards are worth it!
Why would you join Vitality?
Founder of ‘I Quit Sugar’ and blogger Sarah Wilson said at the 2016 AIA Vitality Summit, “by making healthy activities an everyday part of life they become the norm” and this is exactly what this program is about. It is designed to encourage people to make better, healthier choices and rewards its members for consistency.
AIA Vitality helps you get healthier by giving you the knowledge, tools and motivation to improve your health. By understanding your personal health, and working towards improving it, you’ll achieve a fitter, healthier lifestyle; with the added incentive of ongoing discounts and rewards that make your everyday healthy choices pay off.
How it works
The program involves 3 parts
- Know your health: there are online and offline checks to complete to find out more about your health
- Improve your health: Vitality helps you get in shape and maintain good health through discounts on gym memberships, fitness devices and more.
- Reward Yourself: Vitality help keeps you motivated with ongoing rewards for all your effort – read on to find out more.
It works on a points and status based system with the status levels being bronze, silver, gold and platinum. You receive rewards at every status level but the higher you go, the greater the rewards – and they’re good rewards.
Sacha Loutkovsky, one of our directors, was the first non-AIA internal member to reach platinum level in Australia. Every year since then she’s reached platinum and the key has been consistency. She says “It has definitely had a positive impact on my health, particularly in the way I view health as a life-long pursuit to ensure I remain in the good physical and mental form for the long term rather than short-term, sporadic goals. Plus I’ve been rewarded for that, and the rewards have really added up – I’ve definitely saved money by being with Vitality”
This is the best part of the program! Some of the rewards include:
- Discount on AIA insurance premiums up to 20% each year
- Qantas flights at up to 50% off
- Up to 50% off Virgin Active, Fitness First, Anytime fitness or Step Into Life gym membership
- 25% off Garmin and Fitbit, Garmin and Jawbone devices
- Up to $650 of gift vouchers to Myer, JB Hi Fi, Rebel, Dymocks or Woolworths (I get my full $650 every year
- 50% off Allan Carr’s quit smoking program
- 50% off Endota spa vouchers
- Cheap Hoyts movie tickets for the whole family
- And more
How do you become a member?
You become a member when you take out an Insurance policy with AIA or have an existing policy with AIA. We can help with that so just give us a call.
Is it easy to use?
Yes very! There is an AIA vitality smartphone app as well as having a website log in. The key to ‘winning’ each year, getting the full rewards and getting to platinum status is about consistency.
We really think it is a great program and there is a lot of lifestyle and reward value to be gained from it. If it sounds of interest to you please call Sacha Loutkovsky from our office (our Vitality guru) on 02 9633 5530 or contact her here.